Keto Brothy Soup
Keto brothy soup is good both in winter and in summer. In winter, it warms, and in summer, in the heat, spicy food awakens the appetite and helps to endure the heat, and also promotes metabolism in the body. Approximately the same effect as in Central Asia from drinking hot tea in the heat.
This soup is considered a kind of soup Komkuk (bark), or komthan (bark), which is cooked slowly over low heat. By the way, Komkuk soup was once part of the royal menu of Korean monarchs. It is believed that thick and spicy soups have medicinal properties due to their sharpness and richness. Cook soup Yukkedyan and chicken.
Yukkedyan is served on the table hot, and they are served with a bowl of boiled white rice and kimchi, or other Korean panchkhan (box), literally a “side dish”. The soup is spicy, but at the same time fragrant, nourishing and tasty.
- lean beef (or beef on ribs) – 450 g,
- Shiitake dried mushrooms – 4 pcs.,
- onions – 1 pc.
- crushed spicy chili flakes – 25 g,
- light soy sauce – 1 tbsp.
- sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- salt – 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Masha (or soybean) seedlings – 250 g,
- scallions – 5-6 stems,
- bracken fern – 200 g fresh (or canned, or soaked from dry),
- garlic – 8 cloves.
Easy Low Carb Keto Beef Brothy Soup Recipe - Made in 30 Minutes or Less
- lean beef or beef on ribs - 450 g,
- Shiitake dried mushrooms - 4 pcs.
- onions - 1 pc.
- crushed spicy chili flakes - 25 g
- light soy sauce - 1 tbsp.
- sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Masha or soybean seedlings - 250 g,
- scallions - 5-6 stems
- bracken fern - 200 g fresh or canned, or soaked from dry,
- garlic - 8 cloves.
- The recipe for this soup is relatively uncomplicated, especially if everything is at hand. First you need to boil beef broth, which is the basis of this soup.
- Before cooking the broth, soak the beef in cold water for 30 minutes, this will reduce the amount of scale that will form when boiling the broth.
- Then drain the water, rinse the meat and put it in a suitable volume pot (at least 4 liters).
- Pour the meat with 3 liters of cold water, add shiitake mushrooms and onions (peel and cut the onion in half lengthwise), bring the liquid to a boil, removing the scum. Then reduce the heat to the smallest and cook broth for 1 hour.
- After the time has passed, check whether the beef has cooked well, whether it can be sorted into fibers. If the meat is still dense, not softened - cook another 10-30 minutes. If necessary, add hot water from the kettle (as boiling water). For soup, you need about 2-2.5 liters of broth.
- While the broth is boiling, you can make some preparations. You need to prepare greens and refueling.
- First dressing - in a suitable bowl, mix olive (or vegetable) oil, sesame oil, light soy sauce, salt and crushed spicy chili until smooth. Cover the container with the food film wrap and put it in the refrigerator until it is needed.
- Rinse the greens (if the bracken fern was dry, then soak it in advance) and cut into pieces of approximately 5-6 cm in length (green onions and ferns).
- In seedlings Masha (or soybean) pluck roots. Peel the garlic and put it through the garlic press.
- Fold the herbs and garlic in a bowl and add the dressing, mix the contents of the bowl so that the dressing is mixed with the greens. Put aside for now.
- According to the degree of readiness of meat, strain the broth through a sieve, put the meat and mushrooms down and leave to cool, and throw the onions out.
- Strain the broth again through cheesecloth. Pour it into a clean pan and return it to a very small fire.
- Add greens with dressing to the saucepan with the barely boiling broth and mix the contents of the saucepan. Increase heat to medium and bring the soup to a boil, again reduce the heat to low.
- The cooled shiitake mushrooms cut into strips, and the meat to pick into small pieces.
- Add meat and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Try salt on the soup and, if necessary, adjust to your taste, dosoliv.
- Ready hot soup served in portions or plates. To the soup serves boiled white rice, kimchi and other snacks. Those who wish can salt the soup with fish sauce (or just salt).